Annual packet pickup and pre-race instructions for the National Capital 20 Miler and Janet Braunstein 5 Miler
- Saturday, Sept 24, 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. at Potomac River Running-Ballston, located at 4238 Wilson Blvd, Suite 1235, Arlington, VA 22203
- Sunday, Sept 25, 6 a.m. to 6:45 a.m., Packet pick-up will take place in the Carderock Recreation Area north parking lot.
Note: There will be no onsite runner registration on race day.
Carderock Recreation Area, Chesapeake and Ohio Canal Towpath, Potomac, MD 20854
- Take the Capital Beltway (I-495), to the Clara Barton Parkway headed west, outside the Beltway.
- Take the first exit, which is for both Carderock and the Naval Surface Warfare Center (Carderock Division).
- Turn left at the stop sign at the top of the ramp to cross the parkway. After passing under the canal, turn right and proceed to the third parking area at the end of the road.
- You may park at one of the other areas, wherever you can find an open space.
Race Start Times
- 20 Miler: 7:00 a.m.
- 5 Miler: 7:20 a.m.
- Doggie Dash: 9:30 a.m.
We are pleased to offer a runner tracking application through ChronoTrack.
We are pleased to offer awards for all of the events affiliated with the National Capital 20 Miler.
Runners must be present in order to receive their awards, and each runner is only eligible for one award.
- Janet Braunstein 5 Miler: 8:05 am
- Doggie Dash: 10:00 am
- 20 Miler 10:30 am
Note: Award ceremony times are approximations. Please plan accordingly.